- Property code
Booking a cottage
Availability is updated continually on our website, so once you have selected the property and dates of your choice, it is quick and easy to book online. Whilst we try to put as much information on the website as we can, there are times when speaking to someone ‘in the know’ can be essential. We take pride in offering a full and personal booking service where you can discuss any specific requirements with one of our local Holiday Coordinators, so give us a call on 01736 754242. We are open Monday to Friday, 9am to 8pm; and Saturdays, 9am to 5pm.
Please mention anything you feel we should be made aware of such as limited mobility and allergies in order for us to ensure your comfort and safety whilst you are with us.
A deposit or full payment is required to secure a booking and you must agree to our Booking Conditions before payment can be made. Full payment must be made if you book within eight weeks of your holiday start date. Payment can be made by all major credit cards, by cheque or by bank transfer. It may be possible to book a property provisionally without making payment but full payment will always be required if a holiday is due to start within two weeks. If no payment is received within 3 days of a provisional booking being made or two weeks of the holiday’s start date (whichever occurs first), we reserve the right to offer the holiday to another customer.
We will send confirmation of your booking once payment has been made. This will detail the property, the price of the holiday and its dates. Please check this carefully and, if applicable, make a note of your balance and date due as no reminder will be sent before this time. If your balance payment is not received by the due date, we reserve the right to offer the holiday to another customer.
To view details about a booking, or to make a payment, please visit our Online Bookings page.
View our Terms and Conditions >>
Arriving in Cornwall
We really hope that you have a safe and trouble free journey to Cornwall. However, we understand the occasional reality that it can be stressful and, naturally, when this happens you will want to get settled into your holiday home as early as you can. Although we aim to have your property ready for 3pm, if you are collecting keys from one of our reception offices, we can provide you with keys on the morning of arrival just as long as you agree not to enter the property until 3pm. We can also arrange to have a local taxi collect you, with the keys, from the bus or train station and take you straight to your property; you just pay the taxi fare. The remainder of our properties have key safes but don’t worry, full details will be sent along with your final balance receipt, giving you plenty of time to make any special arrangements. We also have a secure key collection point at our Hayle office for arrivals after 5pm, just in case you get delayed or decide that setting off late is a better idea. Please just make sure that you let us know in advance so that we can give you the access code.
No-one really wants to leave, but all good things must come to an end and to ensure your property will be ready in time for the next guests, we ask that you are ready and packed to leave by 10am. Again, we understand that you might not want to get straight on the road and may want to make the most of your last day by staying in the area. If you are staying in St Ives and collected your keys from us rather than a key safe, but want to spend a few more hours in town, you can drop your keys into our St Ives office. All we ask is that you do this on foot rather than by car. Traffic congestion on the Wharf is the reason why we can’t offer key collection from there unless you’re arriving by public transport. Alternatively why not delay the whole process and check with us to see if your property is available for the following week? If it is, we can often extend your stay by a night or two – or maybe more if you’ve got time!
Quirks and Oddities
We are proud that Cornwall is so unique (properties and people included!), but it’s important to understand that on this narrow stretch of land we are very open to the elements and can experience warm and humid conditions. This can cause condensation to form very quickly in properties with natural stone walls. Please help us minimise this by airing the property regularly, open windows whenever you can, put lids on saucepans and try not to leave damp clothes or towels hanging around. Where a de-humidifier is supplied, please make use of it as often as possible. Over the last 25 years we have come to understand that some guests, especially those with very young children or those susceptible to breathing difficulties, may not find that these older style properties suit them, so please talk to us before confirming your booking to make sure that you choose the best property to suit your needs.
To smoke or not to smoke?
For the comfort of all our guests, we have a No Smoking policy across all of our properties. However, you are welcome to use vaporisers or e-cigarettes inside most properties. If you choose to smoke outside your holiday home, please keep the doors or windows closed while you do so and dispose of your cigarettes carefully and responsibly.
All cancellations must be advised immediately by telephone, followed as soon as possible by written confirmation.
A cancellation charge will apply. This charge may vary depending on the number of days before the holiday start date that we receive your written confirmation. The way these charges are calculated are as follows:
Number of days before Holiday start date that notification is received
Cancellation Charge (as a percentage of the rental cost of the Holiday):
0 – 13 days
14 – 27 days
28 – 55 days
56 days or more
Holiday Cancellation and Curtailment Insurance
From the 1st October 2017 we will no longer be offering the travel insurance policy described below and recommend that you find an alternative that meets your needs. If you have already purchased this insurance your policy is unaffected. We are working with other providers and hope to be able to offer an alternative soon.
To ensure that you and your party are adequately protected, we can arrange holiday cancellation insurance with Schofields Ltd.
This cover is offered for a single premium of £18 including IPT (insurance premium tax, currently 20%) per booking for cover up to £1,500 and £36 including IPT per booking
for cover up to £3,000, and is valid from the date of issue of the certificate until the end of your holiday. It is available only to UK residents who are travelling from the UK.
Details of the cover are set out below.
If you wish to take out Cancellation and Curtailment Insurance, simply stipulate the amount of cover required during the booking process and this will be added to the balance of your holiday. Your Certificate of Insurance will be sent to you with your paperwork.
Summary of Cover:
– This insurance is underwritten on behalf of certain underwriters at Lloyd’s.
– The Insurance Certificate/Schedule will show the actual cover provided.
– The first £25 will be deducted from all claims.
– The period of Insurance, during which all benefits are operative, will be shown in the Insurance Schedule.
– Please note that no cover is operative until the proposal form and premium have been received by the brokers and confirmation and evidence of insurance is issued.
– This insurance policy is only available to residents of the UK and only covers holidays in the United Kingdom.
– It is a condition of this Insurance Policy that all material facts are disclosed to the insurers.
– The limit of the Insurers’ liability shall not exceed the final invoice price for the cost of the rent and Insurers are not liable for administration charges, cost of insurance, other add ons or the cost of providing information to substantiate a claim.
– The Insurance must be taken out at the time of booking and applies only to persons whose names are given at the time.
– Cover is limited to persons under the age of 81, whether party members or relatives etc, for whom the cover extends.
– The cover does not insure against cancellation due to adverse weather conditions.
– If the Insurance does not meet with your requirements and is cancelled within 14 days of the issue date, provided no claims have been made, the premium will be refunded.
Main Exclusions (please see the Insurance Certificate for the full terms and conditions):
– Any trip booked or commenced against the advice of any medical practitioner, to get medical treatment or after a terminal prognosis has been given.
– Pregnancy if expected to give birth before, or within two months after, the last day of the booked holiday.
– Pre-existing medical conditions of a member of the party or close relatives or other persons for whom the cover extends.
– Any set of circumstances or medical condition which could reasonably be expected to give rise to a claim and of which at the time of taking out this insurance the Insured Person was aware.
– Any claim involving a person aged 81 or above at the time of policy issue.
– HIV and illnesses categorised as a pandemic.
The above is a synopsis of cover only. Full terms and conditions are as per the Certificate of Insurance.