Terms & Conditions
Aspects Holidays act as agents for the property and make the rental arrangements on behalf of the owner. The contract is between the owner of the property and the guest.
The property specifies the maximum number of tenants allowed and must be strictly adhered to. The name of each occupant must be listed on the booking form together with the ages of those under 21. Any alteration to this booking form must be with the consent of the agent, acting on the owner’s behalf. The signatory must be a member of the party and signs to accept full responsibility on behalf of all the members of the party in meeting the conditions of hire for the rental. The right to occupy the property may be forfeited without compensation or may be subject to additional charges if more guests than specified on the booking form, or that the property holds, take up occupation.
- Any group bookings (3 or more), where all guests are under 25, and/or of the same sex, will need to be notified to the agent at the time of booking, who will need the owner’s agreement before a booking can be confirmed. A booking where the party consists of members of the same family across several generations is not affected by this clause.
- Aspects Holidays, acting on behalf of the owner, reserve the right to refuse a booking if it is deemed not to be in either the guests or the owners’ best interests.
- Credit/debit cards can be used to secure a property and as such makes the booking conditions binding. Please ensure you are entirely happy with the property before making the booking.
- If a change to a confirmed booking is requested, the following will apply:
a) If the change is to a different property, this will constitute as a cancellation and the
cancellation procedure will apply.
b) If the change requested is for a different date, in the same property, this will be accepted only if the Owner agrees to the change and the guest agrees to pay an administration charge of £25 plus VAT along with any additional rental due.
- All properties are let on the basis that the accommodation is for holiday use only and that no rights to remain in the accommodation exist for the guest or anyone in the party.
- All properties provide bed linen, and the majority provide towels, please refer to property descriptions for further clarification. For bookings of two weeks or more a change of bed linen is available, upon request, at the time of booking.
- Bookings made more than eight weeks in advance require a deposit of 1/3rd of the rental price plus the non-refundable booking fee.
- Bookings made less than eight weeks before the start date of the holiday require full payment at the time of booking.
- Bookings made within four weeks of the start date of the holiday require full payment by credit/debit card at the time of booking.
- A non-refundable booking fee of £25 is payable per booking, part of which is donated to our supported charities; Shelter Box & Macmillan Cancer. If two or more properties or reservations are booked these constitute as separate bookings and are subject to separate booking fees.
- Overseas guests may pay in sterling cheque drawn on a UK bank, Mastercard, Visa card or by international electronic transfer. Any bank charges for payments from overseas guests must be paid by the guest at the time a payment is made.
When any payment is returned by the bank for whatever reason, a surcharge of £15 per transaction is made.
- Most of our guests respect the property they have booked and leave it clean and tidy. Most of our owners do not therefore request a security deposit. However, accidents can occur and guests must notify the agent or the owner before departure. The person making the booking accepts, that by signing the conditions of hire, they agree to a fee being taken from their debit/credit card to pay for any damage or extra work associated with extra cleaning, laundering and other areas of misuse.
- Fake tan, hair dyes and henna products are not permitted to be used in the properties and any costs associated with extra cleaning/replacement by any of the above will be charged to the signatory on the booking form.
- Where an owner does require a security deposit, this will be shown in the property description and will be refunded to the person making the booking within two weeks of the date of departure, unless the owner or the owner’s housekeeper has advised us of any monies to be withheld.
- If someone other than the lead person making the booking is to receive the security deposit, please advise Aspects Holidays before the holiday takes place. Once the deposit cheque has been returned any future request for a payment to be made to someone else, will incur a charge of £10 plus VAT.
- There may also be other occasions where a security deposit is requested.
- Whether a security deposit is taken or not, the guest is liable for the full cost of any damage caused to or within the property, during the rental period. We will request details of a credit/debit card when a final payment is made and reserve the right to debit this card, up to the value of £100 for any damage caused. The guest accepts that this does not limit their liability for damages in excess of this amount. The cost of any damage will be invoiced to the guest, as soon as possible after their departure, by the owner, their representative or the agent.
- All cancellations must be advised immediately by telephone, followed as soon as possible by written confirmation.
- The guest remains liable for the full amount of the holiday rental, including the balance payment when due, if this has not already been paid.
- Aspects Holidays will, as a matter of urgency, try to re-let the holiday period or part thereof and if successful, upon receipt of monies for the new booking, will return the rental paid less an administration fee of £50 plus VAT. The booking fee is not refundable.
- If a reduction in rental has to be made to secure a new booking, the customer will receive the respective pro rata amount less the admin and booking fees.
- If it is not possible to re-let the property, no monies will be returned, unless a security deposit was included, which will be refunded.
- WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU TAKE OUT SUITABLE CANCELLATION INSURANCE
- We have enclosed details of insurers our previous guests have used or you may wish to use your own.
- Your insurance should cover all risks including cancellation, accident, breakdown, loss or damage to personal property.
- Neither the owner nor the agent shall be held responsible or liable for any loss or damage suffered by the guest or members of the party.
Non Availability of Property
- If for any reason, the property is not available or has become unsuitable for the date booked, the agent will make every reasonable effort to arrange suitable alternative accommodation. If this is not possible or acceptable to the guests, all rental monies paid in advance will be refunded in full and the guest will have no further claim against the owner or the agent.
Description of Property/Amendments
- Whilst every effort has been made to describe as fully as possible the property, we cannot accept responsibility or liability for any changes an owner may have made that we were not made aware of, or for any disappointment caused where a guest has differing expectations to those detailed in the description.
- All details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct at the time they were printed but their accuracy cannot be fully guaranteed. Any amendments notified to us, after the brochure has been printed will be fully available on our web site.
- Every effort will be made to ensure the standard of the property is maintained and that all items of equipment described and supplied by the owner are in good working order. However, no guarantee is given or liability accepted if any breakdown occurs. Repairs are always effected as soon as possible, although inevitably delays can occur.
- Many of the properties are built of granite and, whilst very appealing, can be subject to some humidity problems, particularly following a long wet/damp period or if windows have not been left open to air the property. Owners will take whatever practicable steps they can to ease these conditions.
- Company staff have no authority to vary the conditions of hire and no telephone or other conversation (a description or opinion), albeit in good faith and believed to be correct, shall be held to alter the company’s printed material.
Occupying the Property
Guests may occupy the property between 3pm – 5pm on the start date of their holiday and must vacate the property by 10am on their leaving date. Arrivals outside these hours are only permitted by prior arrangement and every effort will be made to ensure the keys are made available. Guests arriving for St Ives and Carbis Bay properties who have notified us of a later arrival time, will need to collect their keys from a secure coded key box. For security reasons any keys not collected by 9.30pm will be removed and re-instated at 10am on the following day. For guests arriving at any of our other properties, individual information will be given when the balance payment acknowledgement is sent out. Guests must keep the agent fully informed of any changes.
- The guests must keep the property and all furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects in or on the property in the same state of repair as at the start of the rental period and should leave the property clean and tidy ensuring all furniture that has been moved is re-positioned. Items must not under any circumstances be transferred from one property to another and as such will be treated as missing and will result in a charge to the guest.
- Guests must ensure that the owner’s request for the property to be smoke free or pet free is adhered to. Any breach of these conditions may incur extra costs.
- Where car parking is provided, guests must only use the space allocated and is entirely at the guest’s own risk. Parking spaces generally only accommodate average sized cars (Ford Focus) and guests planning to arrive in larger vehicles should check the parking space will be suitable. Guests must not park a large vehicle causing obstruction/restriction of access to other users. The owner or the agent cannot be held liable for any costs incurred if an alternative space is required or the guest has parked illegally and incurred penalty charges.
- Guests must not do anything to make void or voidable any policy of insurance and must not cause a nuisance to neighbours. The general rules applying to the property must be adhered to and the guest must allow the owner, owner’s representative or the agent reasonable access.
- Children must be supervised at all times and special care must be taken where a property has balconies, elevated terraces, pools or ponds.
- Guests are reminded that over occupancy is not permitted and may result in the customer/party being asked to leave the property, as this is a major breach of the conditions of hire.
- All complaints must be reported to the agent and where applicable to the owner or housekeeper, as soon as possible during occupation to enable the owner and the agent the opportunity to carry out an investigation and effect remedial action. If the owner or agent is denied the opportunity of investigating the complaint or denied the opportunity of rectifying the problem, whilst the guest was in the property or the guest has returned home, the guest will have waived all rights to any further investigation or any compensation that may have been applicable.
- Any claims for compensation must be made in writing and received by Aspects Holidays no later than 10 working days from the date of departure.
- Pets are only accepted where described in the property description. They are not permitted in any of the bedrooms or on any furniture. Pets must not be left unaccompanied in the property and must be kept under control at all times. Any traces of ‘pets’ must be thoroughly cleaned before departure within the property and any surrounding outside area. Garden areas need to be thoroughly cleaned before departure. A charge per pet is levied and customers should advise if a pet is in the party at the time of booking. A charge will be made for any extra cleaning or remedial work if required.
- It should be noted that it cannot be guaranteed that properties that do not accept pets have never had a pet occupying the property.
- All of our properties are ‘no smoking’ properties. Guests are responsible for upholding this condition and must act responsibly with regard to keeping outside areas clean and tidy.
- If items are left behind the guest should advise the agent and if applicable, the owner or housekeeper. as soon as possible to enable a search to be made. (It may not be possible to locate the item if the property has been re-let until after the new guests depart).
- Any expenses incurred in sending back any items will need to be paid by the guest before the items are returned.
- Items that are not claimed or where postage re-imbursement fees have not been received, will be kept for 21 days only before being disposed of.
- Where a price error or omission or VAT change has occurred, the agent reserves the right to amend prices and VAT rates.
Matters Beyond Owner/Agent’s Control
- Neither the owner nor the agent can accept liability for work taking place outside the boundary of the property or for any noise or nuisance arising over which the owner or agent has no control.
- If the agent is made aware of any major works in the immediate vicinity of the holiday property before the guest arrives, which, in our opinion, may severely affect the enjoyment of the guest’s holiday, this will be treated as ‘non-availability of the property’ and this clause shall then apply.
Communicating with you
- The guest acknowledges that the agent will take personal information such as the guest’s name, contact information, etc. This will be used by the agent to process the booking and for marketing purposes such as sending brochures, supplements, newsletters and special offers. The agent will not pass these details on to third parties other than (a) in relation to bookings – the owner and the owner’s employees (such as the cleaner/housekeeper) or (b) in relation to marketing by the agent and their data management – companies/individuals employed by the agent to undertake on the agents behalf such tasks as sending brochures, managing/analysing data. The agent will also take details necessary to process card payments associated with bookings and will only pass this information on to the bank handling card payments.
Breaches to the Conditions of Hire
- The agent, on behalf of the owner, reserves the right to terminate the holiday booking for any serious breaches of these conditions of hire.
Legality of conditions
- Any dispute will be governed by the non-exclusive law and jurisdiction of the English courts. In the event a court finds that a condition in the Conditions of Hire is illegal or void, the illegal or void condition will be severed from the remainder of the conditions of hire, which will continue to be valid and have full force and effect.
- These conditions of hire were updated in August 2012 and supersede all previous editions. They may be updated at any time and the latest conditions of hire can be viewed on our website.